Hello New Life!
Here is an order for in-home worship for this Sunday, January 31.
If you start your in-home service at 9:30 am, you'll be synchronized and you'll be able to stream the sermon just as it starts going live (at about 9:45 am). Don't worry if you miss the live-stream; a recording of the sermon will be available on our sermons page by Sunday afternoon.
Here are this week's sermon-based questions for kids (If you'd rather not print, the same questions are listed at the bottom of this blog post, as well):
New Life Kids Questions 1.31.21
Download PDF • 74KB
ORDER FOR IN-HOME WORSHIP
Call to Worship - Prepare your heart for worship by reading:
The Lord reigns, let the nations tremble; he sits enthroned between the cherubim, let the earth shake. Great is the Lord in Zion; he is exalted over all the nations. Let them praise your great and awesome name—he is holy. (Psalm 99:1-3 NIV)
Response of Praise - Respond with praise by singing:
JOIN OUR SERMON LIVE-STREAM HERE (ON FACEBOOK)
OR WATCH THE RECORDING HERE
Sermon - Allow the Word of God to instruct you by watching:
"Two Murderous Plots" (Esther 2:19-3:15)
Response of Praise - Respond to the preaching of God's Word by singing:
Benediction - Go out into the world this week with God's blessing and spiritual enablement by reading:
Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in him, for he shields him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between his shoulders. (Deuteronomy 33:12 NIV)
Discussion Questions for Kids
1. Have you ever received an honor, recognition, or award? What was it for? How did it make you feel?
2. In today's story, Haman wanted to be honored by everyone. What happened when Mordecai would not kneel to honor Haman?
3. Being honored is not necessarily a bad thing. But it’s so much better to honor and praise God. What has Jesus done for you that makes him worthy of being honored and praised? How can you honor and praise Jesus this week?
4. In today’s story, Haman decided to hurt God’s people. When Jesus was alive, there were bad people who decided to hurt him, too, but Jesus was caring and gentle to them. Today, there might be some people who decide to be mean to us. How can we show kindness to people who are mean to us?
5. In today’s story, God’s people were probably very worried about Haman wanting to hurt them. Is there anything that you ever worry about? How might you share your worries with Jesus?