Hello New Life!
Here is an order for in-home worship for this Sunday, February 7.
If you start your in-home service at 9:30 am, you'll be synchronized and you'll be able to stream the sermon just as it starts going live (at about 9:45 am). Don't worry if you miss the live-stream; a recording of the sermon will be available on our sermons page by Sunday afternoon.
Here are this week's sermon-based questions for kids (If you'd rather not print, the same questions are listed at the bottom of this blog post, as well):
New Life Kids Questions 2.7.21
Download PDF • 77KB
ORDER FOR IN-HOME WORSHIP
Call to Worship - Prepare your heart for worship by reading:
And the Levites... said: "Stand up and praise the Lord your God, who is from everlasting to everlasting." "Blessed be your glorious name, and may it be exalted above all blessing and praise." (Nehemiah 9:5 NIV)
Response of Praise - Respond with praise by singing:
JOIN OUR SERMON LIVE-STREAM HERE (ON FACEBOOK)
OR WATCH THE RECORDING HERE
Sermon - Allow the Word of God to instruct you by watching:
"A Risky Request" (Esther 4:1-17)
Response of Praise - Respond to the preaching of God's Word by singing:
Benediction - Go out into the world this week with God's blessing and spiritual enablement by reading:
And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen. (1 Peter 5:10-11 NIV)
Discussion Questions for Kids
1. Describe a time you struggled to obey God. For example, maybe there was a time you struggled to tell the truth to one of your parents.
2. In your example above, why do you think you struggled to do the right thing?
3. In today’s story, what hard thing does Mordecai ask Esther to do? Why was it hard for Esther to do this?
4. Do you think it was hard for Jesus to go to a cross and die for us? (Hint: You can find an answer in Luke 22:39-44)
5. How does the obedience of Jesus in going to the cross encourage you to obey God every day in your own life?